Friday, November 16, 2012

Blog Writing #22: So + adj. + that; Such + noun phrase + that (due Monday)


1.  My roommate was cooking last night for the first time ever. The food was so ___________ that ___________________________.

2.  Let me tell you about my class this semester.  It is so _____________________ that ___________________________.

3.  The weather in Houston is really, really hot. In fact, it's so ____________________ that ___________________________.

4.  I have a lot of money. In fact, I have ___________________________ that ___________________________.

5.  I'm reading a great book. In fact, it is __________________________ that ___________________________.

6.  Some students have a lot of questions. Indeed, they have ________________________ that ___________________________.

7.  Some students have poor attendance. In fact, _________________________________________________________________________.

8.  I want to tell you about my teacher Holly. She is ________________________ that ____________________________________.

21 comments:

  1. 1. My roommate was cooking last night for the first time ever. The food was so salty that I spent the rest of the week drinking water like crazy.

    2. Let me tell you about my class this semester. It is so early that in order to get on time I have to wake up at 5.15am.

    3. The weather in Houston is really, really hot. In fact, it's so hot that the heat makes my sweat evaporate.

    4. I have a lot of money. In fact, I have so much money that I take “Champaign showers”.

    5. I'm reading a great book. In fact, it is so good that I think I could read it again and again and again.

    6. Some students have a lot of questions. Indeed, they have so many questions that if they’d dare to ask all of them, the teacher would suggest the student to repeat the level.

    7. Some students have poor attendance. In fact, they miss so much that whenever they come back to class we have a hard time recognizing them.

    8. I want to tell you about my teacher Holly. She is so relax that she wouldn’t mind about missing her flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these sentences, all of which are correct, and some of which are really funny, namely 3, 4, 6, and especially 7. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. My roommate was cooking last night for the first time ever. The food was so delicious that I stayed there for a breakfast.

    2. Let me tell you about my class this semester. It is so interesting that I want to take another semester.

    3. The weather in Houston is really, really hot. In fact, it's so hot that I don't go out.

    4. I have a lot of money. In fact, I have so much money that I don't have to work till the end of my life.

    5. I'm reading a great book. In fact, it is great that I can't stop reading it.

    6. Some students have a lot of questions. Indeed, they have so many questions that I'm not able to answer to all of them.

    7. Some students have poor attendance. In fact, their attendance is so poor that I don't know how they look like.

    8. I want to tell you about my teacher Holly. She is so charismatic that even English classes are fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice job!

      5. so great...
      7. don't know what they look like.
      8. :)

      Delete
    2. 1. My roommate was cooking last night for the first time ever. The food was so delicious that I couldn't eat it.

      2. Let me tell you about my class this semester. It is so amazing that we have fun Friday every week.

      3. The weather in Houston is really, really hot. In fact, it's so hot that if we cook our food outside it will be ready faster than the oven.

      4. I have a lot of money. In fact, I have so much money that I can buy cars for my classmates.

      5. I'm reading a great book. In fact, it is so great that I encourage every body to read it.

      6. Some students have a lot of questions. Indeed, they have so many questions that if they ask, the teacher will retired .

      7. Some students have poor attendance. In fact,I encourage them to drop themselves before the LCC drop them.

      8. I want to tell you about my teacher Holly. She is so kind that she let me leave if I have an excuse.

      Delete
    3. 1. I assume you're being sarcastic when you say the food was so delicious that you couldn't eat it. But you're not a sarcastic kind-of-guy, so I'm not sure.

      4. What about your teacher?

      6. If they ask, the teacher will quit!

      7. LOL. Love it.

      8. She is so kind that she lets you leave even if you don't have an excuse!

      Delete
  4. 1. My roommate was cooking last night for the first time ever. The food was so bad that I vomited on the table.

    2. Let me tell you about my class this semester. It is so exciting that I blame myself when I miss an hour.

    3. The weather in Houston is really, really hot. In fact, it's so hot that I consider myself a sweat factory.

    4. I have a lot of money. In fact, I have so much money that they throw roses wherever I go.

    5. I'm reading a great book. In fact, it is so good that I started looking for new books written by the same writer.

    6. Some students have a lot of questions. Indeed, they have so many questions that the teacher prefers to be ignorant instead of answering them.

    7. Some students have poor attendance. In fact,their attendance is so poor that I don't mind calling them by their physical appearance.

    8. I want to tell you about my teacher Holly. She is so cheerful that she smiles in every single class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7. What I meant is that I don't know their names. Therefore, I call them by their appearance.
      Ex. the tall guy, come here.

      8. 3FONE

      Delete
    2. 7. LOL. Got it.
      8. What does that say? Afwan?

      Delete

  5. 1. My roommate was cooking last night for the first time ever. The food was so strange that they look like the result of some fail chemical test.

    2. Let me tell you about my class this semester. It is so interesting that the whole class never show up in the same day.

    3. The weather in Houston is really, really hot. In fact, it's so hot that someone just fry an egg on the hood of the car.

    4. I have a lot of money. In fact, I have so much money that I am begin to think about rent a truck.

    5. I'm reading a great book. In fact, it is so great that I should recommend it to my doctor as a solution for whose who have insomnia .

    6. Some students have a lot of questions. Indeed, they have so many question that the dictionary maker should put their picture under the difinition of question.

    7. Some students have poor attendance. In fact, they have such poor attendance that I begin to wonder if there are something wrong with their attendants.

    8. I want to tell you about my teacher Holly. She is such a interesting teacher that you should easily identify her by her hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. LOL
      2. LOL
      3. LOL
      4. I don't get it.
      5. That is my joke! (A solution for THOSE who have insomnia)
      6. LOL
      7. I don't get it.
      8. Wait. Am I interesting or are my hats interesting?

      Delete
    2. 4. I have a lot of money. In fact, I have so much money that I can kill anyone by throw money at him/her.

      5. I'm reading a great book. In fact, it is so great that I take it as a example to show how we make mistakes during the writing .

      7. Some students have poor attendance. In fact, they have such poor attendance that I begin to wonder that their home may have powerful gravitational force.

      Delete
  6. 1.  My roommate was cooking last night for the first time ever. The food was so delicious that I wanted him to be my husband.
    2.  Let me tell you about my class this semester.  It is so much fun that I feel sad when I think about end of the this semester.
    3.  The weather in Houston is really, really hot. In fact, it's so hot that my dogs can't walk the asphalt road.
    4.  I have a lot of money. In fact, I have so much money that I travel around the world.
    5.  I'm reading a great book. In fact, it is interesting that I go to bed 5 AM these days.
    6.  Some students have a lot of questions. Indeed, they have so many questions that they make their teacher tired.
    7.  Some students have poor attendance. In fact, they miss so many class that they waste their money.
    8.  I want to tell you about my teacher Holly. She is fashionable that she wear different accessories everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. LOL. Don't tell your boyfriend.
      5. It is SO interesting that...
      6. LOL.
      7. TRUE.
      8. She is SO fashionable that she WEARS...

      Delete
  7. 1. My roommate was cooking last night for the first time ever. The food was so __"great"_________ that _______I puked immdediately____________________.

    2. Let me tell you about my class this semester. It is so ________good_____________ that ___________we spent whole semester to play games________________.

    3. The weather in Houston is really, really hot. In fact, it's so _______hot_____________ that _____all girls wear bikini to school______________________.

    4. I have a lot of money. In fact, I have ____________so much_______________ that ____________I don't have cash_______________.

    5. I'm reading a great book. In fact, it is ___________so good_______________ that _________it cure my insomnia__________________.

    6. Some students have a lot of questions. Indeed, they have ________so many________________ that ___I don't know which one i should answer________________________.

    7. Some students have poor attendance. In fact, _____they miss so many classes that they will be droped____________________________________________________________________.

    8. I want to tell you about my teacher Holly. She is ____so great____________________ that ____________I want to meet her __next semester______________________.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. LOL
      2. We spent the whole semester PLAYING games.
      3. LOL
      4. I don't get it.
      5. LOL. Love the sarcasm.
      8. :)

      Delete
  8. 1. My roommate was cooking last night for the first time ever. The food was so amazing that i kept eating from it for the past week.

    2. Let me tell you about my class this semester. It is so great that i will never forget it for the rest of my life.

    3. The weather in Houston is really, really hot. In fact, it's so hot that you have to shower two times a day.

    4. I have a lot of money. In fact, I have money that will be enough to live the whole year without working.

    5. I'm reading a great book. In fact, it is an amazing book that i red it more the three times.

    6. Some students have a lot of questions. Indeed, they have questions that will drive you crazy.

    7. Some students have poor attendance. In fact, they will reach 40 hours of absences very soon.

    8. I want to tell you about my teacher Holly. She is really funny that she will make enjoy the two hours class without feeling the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2. Especially the confusing grammar lessons!
      4. In fact, I have SO MUCH MONEY THAT...
      5. In fact, it is SO AMAZING THAT...
      6. Indeed, they have SO MANY QUESTIONS...
      7. In fact, their attendance is SO POOR THAT...
      8. She is SO FUNNY that two hours pass without feeling the time. Shukran.

      Delete
  9. My roommate was cooking last night for the first time ever. The food was so good that I saved it for the next year.

    Let me tell you about my class this semester. It is so intersting that I wished if it was loonger than it is.

    3. The weather in Houston is really, really hot. In fact, it's so hot that I had to bring my own fan to the LCC every day.

    4. I have a lot of money. In fact, I have a lot of money that when I travel, I reserve all first class seats.

    5. I'm reading a great book. In fact, it is so good that I could not stop telling people about it.

    6. Some students have a lot of questions. Indeed, they have have a lot qustions that are enough to confuse me.

    7. Some students have poor attendance. In fact, some of wich will fail this semester.

    8. I want to tell you about my teacher Holly. She is so open to people that got thinking what if all people was like her.

    ReplyDelete