Well the embarrassing moment of my life was spieling a coffee on my THOB while i was having an important meeting with all the CEO's in my company. I woke up that day going to work feeling confidence and exciting, because my manager asked me to give the presentation to them. I went to my office Finding Khan smiling and giving me my lovely morning coffee. I sat down and opened my laptop to prepare my presentation, Suddenly one of my friends who works next to me came from my back and grab the chair so hard trying to scare me off and it happened. i spilt the coffee on my THOB and the only thing i was thinking about that moment is my manager face looking at me with anger in front of all the CEO's. i tried so hard to find a way that i can cover it up with no luck. I started even to blame my self. i should never had my coffee today. i could have waited until I finish my presentation. Finally i accepted my faith and went to the meeting room to give my presentation. My manager looked at me and start to trough Jokes at my THOB.I was totally fine with it considering it my fault. After the presentation finished and the day is over. I went home thinking about what is the extra things i might used to clean my THOB and it will work.
"Suddenly one of my friends who works next to me came from my back and grab the chair so hard trying to scare me off and it happened."
We have a saying: "With friends like that, who needs enemies?"
Also, a few past modals for you to correct: 1. i should never had my coffee today. 2. I went home thinking about what is the extra things i might used to clean my THOB
One day in high school, it was lunch time so my friend and I went to get our lunch, after paying my food the cashier gave me my change. I don't know how but one of the coins flied and landed on the food of the person next to me, so I looked to the person's face and noticed it was a profesor I was so embarrased. So I stuck my fingers into his food to pick up my coin out of his plate(after all it was MY MONEY haha) that day I remember they were serving mac and cheese(: I guess there's nothing I could have done differently because it was the cashier's fault! She should make sure you get all the change in your hand and not in other's person's food!!
She should have made sure I got all the change in my hand.. Like that? Haha im not proud! At that moment i felt so embarrased now i think about it and sounds funnyxd
The most embarrassing moment was in my freind's birthday. I started a typical day in the school, and after finishing the school i rushed to the gift's store to buy a special gift. I designed the gift perfectly, and i wrote my friend's name on the top. When i arrived to my freind's house, a huge crowd had already arrived. While i was walking toward my freind, i noticed something strange. All the gifts were infront of his brother, and no one was looking at my freind. I gave the gift to my friend, but he started laughing. At this moment, i was confused about what was happening. My freind told me that this is not his birthday, it is his brother's birthday. I was embarrassed, and i couldn't say anything. I started blaming myself, but my friend encouraged me to forget about it. I could have asked my friends about the birthday, or i might have called my friend to make sure whose birthday would be.
Last year, big company hired me and my dance team to perform during a really important event. We had been preparing for that dance for 1 week and we went to Warsaw, hoping to give great show. When we got there we had a rehearsal and everything was going well. We started dressing up and I noticed that I hadn't taken my dance shoes! It was 30 minutes before our dance. I could not go back home to take them because it was 6h drive so I decide to buy ANY black shoes, similar to ours. Unfortunately, I found only one store with the shoes...shoes for grandparents! I bought the cheapest ones, made from leather, similar to my grandfather's shoes which he wears to the church, but they were black at least! I came back to the locker and showed them to my teammates. They laughed so hard, even during our performance! When I was dancing I was praying that no one notice my grandpa's shoes! It was so embarrassing! Whole my outfit was so sexy...besides the shoes! Oh well, nothing is perfect!
OK, where do I start, what I am about to say is one of these days that I just can’t forget. My first time in the U.S, I have been in a homestay which I had a lot useful experiences such as, cleaning the dishes, and washing my cloths. Furthermore, the Hosts used to take me and two other guys who were with me out every weekend to show us around Houston. One day, we have decided to go to a restaurant, so when we got there and started ordering, I needed to ask the waitress to bring me a napkin. Unfortunately, at that time I didn’t know what is the difference between the word “napkin” and “tissue”, so I asked and said “excuse me can I have a tissue”. This is when the hosts started laughing at me, and explained to me that napkin is the right word to use when it comes to cleaning hands. I was embarrassed, and I think could not do anything to prevent it from happening.
I don't think that using the word tissue for napkin is a big deal, and certainly nothing to laugh at. In fact, its a perfectly reasonable mistake, and nothing that you SHOULD HAVE BEEN embarrassed about.
However, here are some perfectly UNREASONABLE verb mistakes that you SHOULD BE embaraased about :D
1. My first time in the U.S, I have been in a homestay 2. One day, we have decided to go to a restaurant
I don't remember much about my embarrassing incident. Most of the mistake I made hardly to say it's embarrassing. One thing that close to embarrassing incident is that I didn't pay the tip after I got a hair cute 2 years ago. I believe I should had left some tips before I left. But I didn't use to pay tip at that time. I was quite embarrassed when my friend metioned that. Hopefully that person don;t remember that when I go there next time.
If you went back to the same person for your haircut, they probably did remember that you didn't tip them the first time. Well, I hope you tipped them the second time ;)
Here's a nice error for you to correct: I should had left some tips before I left
I don't think there are anything make me embarrass, if you want me to tell you something is that should be a thing which make me think I lost face. That was a snowy Monday and I didn't have enough time to eat my breakfast, so I brought it to school and began to eat it during break. Well, at that time , the coolest boy in my class pass by me and he said“I never know you have big mouth until I see you eat your food.” I was really embarrassing at that time. I should not have eaten something would make me look not good at school, and I should not have eaten food before somebody who would notice me. I still remembered the feeling at that time and my face turned red. I was embarrassed and never told this story to others before I forgot that boy.
Now this is a really good embarrassing story! However, I totally disagree with your conclusions. That "cool boy" was a real jerk! He shouldn't have been rude to you. You know what you should have told him? "Well, I never knew you had such a big (and rude) mouth until I heard you open it!"
One of the most embarrassed moment is that when I was on the class two weeks ago. In that day our teacher said we will make this Friday different than others. The teacher said we named this Friday "Fun Friday" because we won't take any lesson it just game and playing. I brought some cake and coffee with me. Before we finished playing, I asked the teacher to serve my classmate by giving them a peace of cake with coffee. I stated to divided the cake to small Peaces then I handle the cake by my hands. When I handle it, I realized it may spell so it happen. Half of the cake drop dawn that made me embarrassed. For me I shouldn't have divided the cake. I should have given everyone a knife and he gets his peace by himself.
I feel terrible that you had one of your most embarrassing moments during our Fun Day!
I think it was very nice that you had tried to serve the cake rather than have everyone serve themselves. A famous line in my house is "accidents happen." No shame in that--they happen to all of us sooner or later :D
In Japan, My house is kind of far from the station. It's about 20 minutes by walk. So my parents always picked me up at the station. One day I was very tired and I really wanted to go home as soon as possible. I've found my bule Honda car, and I got inside. Then I said "I'm so tired! I want to go to bed right now!" but my dad didn't say anything for me. So I looked at him. I was so surprised and embarrassed. Because there was an old lady in her pajamas. She looked at me in surprise too. I said "I'm so sorry" and got off the car and found same bule Honda car. I should have checked inside or number plate because there are many same car. When I got MY car, my dad said "why you got in someone's car? Is it your friend?" I told him what I did. He laughed me.
This story is hysterical! Fortunately, it was an old lady in the car and not a psycho murderer! Actually, it reminds me of the fairy tale story of "Little Red Riding Hood" who thinks goes to visit Grandma's house but Grandma was replaced by the Big Bad Wolf! Anyhow, I imagine there must be lots of blue Hondas in Japan. I used to own a blue Honda as well...
Tell me the mistake in this sentence: "I've found my bule Honda car, and I got inside."
Well the embarrassing moment of my life was spieling a coffee on my THOB while i was having an important meeting with all the CEO's in my company. I woke up that day going to work feeling confidence and exciting, because my manager asked me to give the presentation to them. I went to my office Finding Khan smiling and giving me my lovely morning coffee. I sat down and opened my laptop to prepare my presentation, Suddenly one of my friends who works next to me came from my back and grab the chair so hard trying to scare me off and it happened. i spilt the coffee on my THOB and the only thing i was thinking about that moment is my manager face looking at me with anger in front of all the CEO's. i tried so hard to find a way that i can cover it up with no luck. I started even to blame my self. i should never had my coffee today. i could have waited until I finish my presentation. Finally i accepted my faith and went to the meeting room to give my presentation. My manager looked at me and start to trough Jokes at my THOB.I was totally fine with it considering it my fault. After the presentation finished and the day is over. I went home thinking about what is the extra things i might used to clean my THOB and it will work.
ReplyDeleteGreat story, Nayef.
DeleteYou wrote:
"Suddenly one of my friends who works next to me came from my back and grab the chair so hard trying to scare me off and it happened."
We have a saying: "With friends like that, who needs enemies?"
Also, a few past modals for you to correct:
1. i should never had my coffee today.
2. I went home thinking about what is the extra things i might used to clean my THOB
One day in high school, it was lunch time so my friend and I went to get our lunch, after paying my food the cashier gave me my change. I don't know how but one of the coins flied and landed on the food of the person next to me, so I looked to the person's face and noticed it was a profesor I was so embarrased. So I stuck my fingers into his food to pick up my coin out of his plate(after all it was MY MONEY haha) that day I remember they were serving mac and cheese(: I guess there's nothing I could have done differently because it was the cashier's fault! She should make sure you get all the change in your hand and not in other's person's food!!
ReplyDeleteThis story is too good to be true. The only thing is that it sounds to me like you're more proud than embarrassed about it :D
DeleteOne past modal error for you to correct:
She should make sure you get all the change in your hand and not in other's person's food!!
She should have made sure I got all the change in my hand.. Like that?
DeleteHaha im not proud! At that moment i felt so embarrased now i think about it and sounds funnyxd
Yes, she should have made sure... EXACTLY.
DeleteIt's really funny, especially the part where you stick your fingers into your professor's macaroni and cheese. That's just priceless!
The most embarrassing moment was in my freind's birthday. I started a typical day in the school, and after finishing the school i rushed to the gift's store to buy a special gift. I designed the gift perfectly, and i wrote my friend's name on the top. When i arrived to my freind's house, a huge crowd had already arrived. While i was walking toward my freind, i noticed something strange. All the gifts were infront of his brother, and no one was looking at my freind. I gave the gift to my friend, but he started laughing. At this moment, i was confused about what was happening. My freind told me that this is not his birthday, it is his brother's birthday. I was embarrassed, and i couldn't say anything. I started blaming myself, but my friend encouraged me to forget about it. I could have asked my friends about the birthday, or i might have called my friend to make sure whose birthday would be.
ReplyDeleteWas the brother a twin? That would explain the mistake :D
DeleteAll of your verbs are GREAT.
I see only one error which is a noun clause error. Even though we haven't started noun clauses yet, I'll correct it for you:
i might have called my friend to make sure whose birthday would be.
whose birthday it was.
Last year, big company hired me and my dance team to perform during a really important event. We had been preparing for that dance for 1 week and we went to Warsaw, hoping to give great show. When we got there we had a rehearsal and everything was going well. We started dressing up and I noticed that I hadn't taken my dance shoes! It was 30 minutes before our dance. I could not go back home to take them because it was 6h drive so I decide to buy ANY black shoes, similar to ours. Unfortunately, I found only one store with the shoes...shoes for grandparents! I bought the cheapest ones, made from leather, similar to my grandfather's shoes which he wears to the church, but they were black at least! I came back to the locker and showed them to my teammates. They laughed so hard, even during our performance! When I was dancing I was praying that no one notice my grandpa's shoes! It was so embarrassing! Whole my outfit was so sexy...besides the shoes! Oh well, nothing is perfect!
ReplyDeleteGreat story. We have an expression in English that starts, "If I were in your shoes, I would..."
DeleteBut tell me, what could or should you have done differently?
I should have taken my dance shoes from home.
DeleteOK, where do I start, what I am about to say is one of these days that I just can’t forget. My first time in the U.S, I have been in a homestay which I had a lot useful experiences such as, cleaning the dishes, and washing my cloths. Furthermore, the Hosts used to take me and two other guys who were with me out every weekend to show us around Houston. One day, we have decided to go to a restaurant, so when we got there and started ordering, I needed to ask the waitress to bring me a napkin. Unfortunately, at that time I didn’t know what is the difference between the word “napkin” and “tissue”, so I asked and said “excuse me can I have a tissue”. This is when the hosts started laughing at me, and explained to me that napkin is the right word to use when it comes to cleaning hands. I was embarrassed, and I think could not do anything to prevent it from happening.
ReplyDeleteMohammed,
DeleteI don't think that using the word tissue for napkin is a big deal, and certainly nothing to laugh at. In fact, its a perfectly reasonable mistake, and nothing that you SHOULD HAVE BEEN embarrassed about.
However, here are some perfectly UNREASONABLE verb mistakes that you SHOULD BE embaraased about :D
1. My first time in the U.S, I have been in a homestay
2. One day, we have decided to go to a restaurant
I don't remember much about my embarrassing incident. Most of the mistake I made hardly to say it's embarrassing. One thing that close to embarrassing incident is that I didn't pay the tip after I got a hair cute 2 years ago. I believe I should had left some tips before I left. But I didn't use to pay tip at that time. I was quite embarrassed when my friend metioned that. Hopefully that person don;t remember that when I go there next time.
ReplyDeleteIf you went back to the same person for your haircut, they probably did remember that you didn't tip them the first time. Well, I hope you tipped them the second time ;)
DeleteHere's a nice error for you to correct:
I should had left some tips before I left
I don't think there are anything make me embarrass, if you want me to tell you something is that should be a thing which make me think I lost face. That was a snowy Monday and I didn't have enough time to eat my breakfast, so I brought it to school and began to eat it during break. Well, at that time , the coolest boy in my class pass by me and he said“I never know you have big mouth until I see you eat your food.” I was really embarrassing at that time. I should not have eaten something would make me look not good at school, and I should not have eaten food before somebody who would notice me. I still remembered the feeling at that time and my face turned red. I was embarrassed and never told this story to others before I forgot that boy.
ReplyDeleteNow this is a really good embarrassing story! However, I totally disagree with your conclusions. That "cool boy" was a real jerk! He shouldn't have been rude to you. You know what you should have told him? "Well, I never knew you had such a big (and rude) mouth until I heard you open it!"
DeleteOne of the most embarrassed moment is that when I was on the class two weeks ago.
ReplyDeleteIn that day our teacher said we will make this Friday different than others. The teacher said we named this Friday "Fun Friday" because we won't take any lesson it just game and playing. I brought some cake and coffee with me. Before we finished playing, I asked the teacher to serve my classmate by giving them a peace of cake with coffee. I stated to divided the cake to small Peaces then I handle the cake by my hands. When I handle it, I realized it may spell so it happen. Half of the cake drop dawn that made me embarrassed. For me I shouldn't have divided the cake. I should have given everyone a knife and he gets his peace by himself.
I feel terrible that you had one of your most embarrassing moments during our Fun Day!
DeleteI think it was very nice that you had tried to serve the cake rather than have everyone serve themselves. A famous line in my house is "accidents happen." No shame in that--they happen to all of us sooner or later :D
In Japan, My house is kind of far from the station. It's about 20 minutes by walk. So my parents always picked me up at the station.
ReplyDeleteOne day I was very tired and I really wanted to go home as soon as possible. I've found my bule Honda car, and I got inside. Then I said "I'm so tired! I want to go to bed right now!" but my dad didn't say anything for me. So I looked at him. I was so surprised and embarrassed. Because there was an old lady in her pajamas. She looked at me in surprise too. I said "I'm so sorry" and got off the car and found same bule Honda car. I should have checked inside or number plate because there are many same car. When I got MY car, my dad said "why you got in someone's car? Is it your friend?" I told him what I did. He laughed me.
This story is hysterical! Fortunately, it was an old lady in the car and not a psycho murderer! Actually, it reminds me of the fairy tale story of "Little Red Riding Hood" who thinks goes to visit Grandma's house but Grandma was replaced by the Big Bad Wolf! Anyhow, I imagine there must be lots of blue Hondas in Japan. I used to own a blue Honda as well...
DeleteTell me the mistake in this sentence:
"I've found my bule Honda car, and I got inside."
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete