Thursday, October 25, 2012

Blog Writing #12: Quoted Speech (due Monday, 10/29)

Watch the following video. With a partner, write 10 sentences from the dialogue in the video in quoted speech. There are many ways to do this. Please vary your style and word choice of your reporting verbs to make it interesting.

For instance,
"I heard you the first time," Ricky said to Lucy, "but what language is it?"

http://www.schooltube.com/video/8d94448e0ba3a3f756b9/I-Love-Lucy-Ricky-has-problems-with-English

4 comments:

  1. 1."The language that I want our child to learn," Lucy answered, "good English".
    2. "That's English?" Ricky asked.
    3. "It's funny thing," Lucy said, "when it's spoken correctly, you don't even recognize it, do you?"
    4. "You know, I had no idea how sloppy my speech was till I started reading this book." Lucy said to Ricky.
    5. "No really," Lucy said, "it's true, but they have wonderful exercise to correct it."
    6. "What did you say?" Lucy asked.
    7. "You heard what I said." Ricky answered.
    8. "Promise me that until our child is at lead 19 or 20 years old you won't talk to it." Lucy asked.
    9."What's the matter with the way I talk?" Ricky asked.
    10. "Well, I haven't told you this before," Lucy said, "but you speak with the slight accent."

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.Lucy answered, "The language that I want our child to learn, Good English."
    2."That's English?" Ricky asked to Lucy, and she answered, "Yes."
    3.Ricly said, "Now Lucy, you are not gonna teach our child that way, are you?"
    4.Lucy said, "Ricky, promise me something." "What?" Ricky answered.
    5."You can understand me, can't you?" Ricky asked.
    6.Lucy answered, "Well now yes, I learned to listen with the accent."
    7."Would you remember when you proposed?" Lucy asked. Ricky said, "Yes..."
    8.Lucy said, "When I said Yes, I wasn't sure that you asked me to get married or go to the movie."
    9.Ricky said, "Oh That's it. I had enough."
    10.Ricky said, "We're gonna teach our child to speak Spanish." Lucy asked, "Spanish1?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Ricky said,"It's a very nice thought, but as usual you will have no logical explanation for doing it the way you're doing it."
    2. "What did you say?" Lucy asked.
    3."You heard what i said." Ricky answered.
    4. Ricky asked,"What's the matter with the way I talk?"
    5. "I had enough." Ricky said.
    6. Ricky asked,"Should i say ENO?"
    7. Lucy said,"That shows how little you know about the English language."
    8."We're gonna teach our child to speak Spanish." Ricky said.
    9."And don't want you to talk to the kid until he's 21 years old." Ricky said.
    10. Lucy said,"Our child is going to learn English,but first we have to learn."

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1._"The language I want our child to learn, good English," Lucy replied.
    2._"That's English?!" Ricky exclaimed.
    3._Ricky said "You are not goind to teach our child to talk that way, are you?"
    4._Lucy told Ricky:"Promise me, that until our child is at last 9 or 20 years old you won't talk to him"
    5._Ricky asked: "What's the matter with the way I talk?"
    6._Lucy responded, "Well I haven'y told you this before dear, but you speak with a slight accent".
    7._"Well now yeah, I learned to listen with an accent," Lucy said.
    8._Lucy told Ricky "That shows how little you know about the English language".
    9._Ricky said: "I know it can't be COW"
    10._Ricky told Lucy "We are gonna teach our child to speak Spanish".

    ReplyDelete